Monday, October 27, 2008

Photography and Composition

This is an olllllld assignment. Here it goes:


Organic
(although people said they hated pictures of trees)



Geometric
(a really cool display of some cityscape shots)


Pattern (my own worst nightmare)

Repetition
(I took this when I was doing architecture camp some years back. This is the foam thing I used to hold my exacto while making models. I loved making models, but architecture just didn't sit well with me as a profession.)


Variety
(Another thing from architecture camp. We combined all of our final projects to make a city on the last day.)


Symmetrical Balance
(my second post of a Seydou Keita photograph)

Asymmetrical Balance
(a photograph by Alexis Peskine..check him out by the way! His mixed media and installation work is amazing. http://alexispeskine.com/index.html. And his videos (not up yet).)



Vertical Balance
(a light/sculpture installation by Dan Flavin)

Horizontal Balance
(I almost used this for the organic category, but it works so well here.)

Approximate Balance
(the infamous Presidio Modelo panopticon prison in Cuba..or maybe its just Bentham's design that is so infamous. Approximate because of that person there who fucked up the photograph. Nice.)

Yep!

No comments: