Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We're all going to pick the same images

10 images defining our time, huh? We're all going to pick the same 10: Iraq War, 9/11, Barack Obama, Global Warming, Terrorism, Economic Crisis, Health Care Crisis, Miley Cirus, Darfur, and Immigration.

Let me see if I can find 10 other things........


First off, anything 'Made in China', especially this.


In many cultures around the world, athletes are praised as wonderful and respected human beings. Sculptures and legends live on in their memory, and I am positive that this will be the athlete of our time. (Michael Phelps)


Next, something I never got into, but something that was a part of many people's lives of many ages. Whether reading it to your child, learning to read by it, or being a high school/college student reading it because you feel like you lost your sense of fun/imagination.


Something all too unique to this time that I doubt will ever go away. They'll continue to get smaller and thinner and more integrated with the body.

Shrinking the world and speeding it up. For better or worse.

Two images here. I guess I could outline all drugs, but I'm going to focus on antidepressants. Because they've blown up since the 80s and millions upon millions of people in our country alone use them, have used them, or probably will end up using them.


Next, duh.


Despite the fact that more people voted for this than for the 2004 general election, it's just a really bad show. (with some fine product placement)


This was quite a big deal in Europe and still is. United a continent, hurt American tourists, and probably hurt a lot of ex-colonies too.


Finally, I could not resist. They all mean a lot to me.

No comments: